A crucial component of your Mac and PC are the Android USB drivers. They serve as a link that enables interaction and communication between your PC and mobile device.
With the aid of USB drivers, connecting mobile phones to computers and carrying out operations like transferring images and other data are made possible. To aid you in this, you can download the MTP USB device driver on your system.
Additionally, they facilitate tool connections for your Android device. You can have trouble finding the necessary USB drivers because there are so many manufacturers.
Let us understand the step-by-step procedure to download, install, and set up the USB drivers.
Steps to Set Up USB Drivers
Refer to the below steps and follow them systematically.
- Attach the Android device to the USB port on your PC.
- Launch the Computer Management option in your Windows Explorer.
- Choose the Device Manager option from the Computer Management section’s left column.
- Find and expand the Portable Devices or Other Devices option in the Device Manager section’s right pane, based on what option you see.
- Right-click on the name of your connected device.
- Choose the Update Driver Software option from the context menu.
- Pick the Browse my computer for driver software option in the Hardware Update wizard.
- Now, hit the Next button.
- After selecting Browse, look for the USB driver file.
- To install the driver, hit the Next button.
Let us now understand what are ADB and Fastboot tools and how to install their Android drivers on your system.
ADB – Introduction
The Android Debug Bridge, or ADB, serves as a conduit between your pc and Android mobile device. With the help of this program, you may send your phone a variety of terminal commands at any time, including both standard shell commands and certain developer-specific instructions.
Even in recovery mode or after the phone has booted up, you can transmit commands. Although ADB is frequently used to root or modify smartphones, you can also use it to transmit terminal instructions to unrooted devices.
Fastboot – Introduction
Fastboot is indeed the tool you require if you need to change the firmware on your phone. You can flash or alter things such as custom recoveries because you can now give commands to the bootloader.
It’s not a full ROM flasher, but it can perform a lot of things that ADB can’t. You might need to check your specific device because not all phones have Fastboot enabled. The Android device must launch into fastboot mode in order to use fastboot.
Steps to Set Up Fastboot and ADB Drivers
Installing Android USB drivers manually on your computer is always recommended. To install the Android USB driver, follow the steps below.
- Download and install Android SDK on your computer system.
- Let the installation get completed.
- Now, open the Start menu on your desktop.
- Go to the Android SDK tools.
- Open the SDK manager option.
- Right-click on the option.
- Choose Run as administrator.
- Running the SDK manager option in administrator mode is required; else, installing additional components may become problematic in the future.
- Now, move inside the SDK manager.
- Select the Extras option.
- Now, choose the Google USB driver option.
- Hit the Install 1 package option.
- Connect your Android phone once the installation is finished.
- Enter “Device Manager” into the search bar to launch the device manager.
- To update driver software, right-click Android Phone and choose that option.
- A new dialogue box will then show up, from which you may choose the “Browse my computer for driver software” option.
- Choose the option that reads “Let me choose from a list of device drivers on my computer.”
- From the drop-down option, choose the “Show All Devices” option.
- Select “Have Disk” from the menu.
- Enter the location of the Google USB driver’s storage.
- From the choices, select “Android ADB Interface.”
- Press the “Yes” button to confirm the installation of the Android USB driver.
- Click Install.
- Let the installation finish.
- Hit the close button to end the installation wizard.
So, to conclude, this article lists the steps systematically to download, install, and set up all the mobile USB drivers on Windows 10. We hope this article serves you the best and helps you in setting up your drivers.