It goes without saying that a well-executed SEO campaign can do wonders for your contracting or home improvement business. But what, exactly, does “well executed” mean? And where should you start? In this article, we will explore some of the basics of SEO for contractors and home improvement companies.
Why Utilize Search Engine Optimization?
SEO should be a key part of your marketing strategy because it can help you:
- Drive more traffic to your website
SEO can help you bring more people to your website, which in turn can help you increase sales and grow your business.
- Boost your brand awareness
SEO can help improve your brand’s visibility, which can lead to more people knowing and trusting your brand.
- Get more leads and customers
If you rank higher in search results, you’re more likely to get clicks from potential leads and customers. And if your website is designed well, these visitors will be more likely to contact you or buy from you.
- Save money on advertising
Organic traffic (from SEO) is free. Once you’ve ranked high in search results, you don’t have to pay for each click as you do with paid advertising methods such as Google AdWords.
- Stand out from the competition
If you’re one of the few companies in your industry utilizing SEO, you’ll have a significant advantage over your competitors who are not.
How Can You Improve Your Contractor SEO?
Here are some tips to help you get started with improving your contractor SEO:
1. Start with keyword research. What terms and phrases are potential customers searching for when they need a contractor or home improvement company? Use these keywords throughout your website, from the titles and headlines to the body copy and even in the alt text of images.
2. Optimize your website for mobile. More and more people are using their smartphones and tablets to search for contractors and home improvement companies, so your site must be optimized for mobile devices. This means having a responsive design that automatically adjusts to the size of the screen, as well as making sure your site loads quickly.
3. Claim and optimize your Google My Business listing. When potential customers search for contractors or home improvement companies in their area, your Google My Business listing will appear in the search results. Make sure to claim and verify your listing, and then fill out all of the information such as your business hours, contact information, and website URL. You can also upload photos to show off your work.
4. Get listed in online directories. In addition to claiming your Google My Business listing, you should also get listed in other online directories such as Yelp, Angie’s List, HomeAdvisor, and others. These listings can help improve your visibility in search results and give potential customers another way to find you.
5. Ask for reviews. Online reviews can play a big role in your contractor SEO, so be sure to ask your satisfied customers to leave reviews on your Google My Business listing, Yelp page, and other sites. Respond to any negative reviews in a professional and constructive manner.
6. Use social media. Social media is a great way to connect with potential and current customers, as well as promote your brand. Be sure to post regular updates and share photos and articles that would be of interest to your target audience. You can also use paid advertising on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to reach even more people. Don’t forget to produce quality content and edit it well, as this will make your brand more credible and trustworthy. This useful article on how to add music to Instagram posts may provide valuable information.
7. Create quality content. In order to attract visitors to your website and get them to contact you, you need to have high-quality content that is relevant and interesting. Write blog posts, create infographics, and make videos that show off your expertise and answer common questions potential customers may have.
8. Use local keyword phrases. When people search for contractors or home improvement companies, they often include their city or town in the search query. So be sure to use local keyword phrases such as “contractors in Denver” or “home improvement companies in Boston” on your website and in your social media posts. This will help you reach people in your specific service area.
9. Invest in link building. One of the most important ranking factors for SEO is links. So be sure to build links from high-quality websites to your own. You can do this by guest blogging, creating informative infographics, and listing your business in online directories.
10. Track your results. Use Google Analytics and other tools to track the number of visitors to your website, where they came from, and what actions they took while on your site. This data will help you determine what’s working and what needs to be improved so you can continue to grow your organic traffic.
As you can see, there are many things to consider when optimizing your website for contractors and home improvement companies. With these helpful tips in this guide and by using a professional SEO company, you can improve your website’s ranking on search engines, bringing more traffic and leads your way. Have you tried any of these techniques? What has worked best for you?