Once you’ve found your favorite song on YouTube, do you really want to listen to it in an online video player? The good news is that, no matter what kind of device you use—iPhone, Android or computer—it’s easy to download your favorite YouTube videos as MP3 files and then listen to them whenever and wherever you want! You can also take this one step further by editing the ID3 tags of your new MP3 file so that all of the information like artist name and album info appears on your media player instead of just the song name.
Choose a video you want to download as an MP3 file
If you want to download a video from YouTube, then you need a third-party application such as mp3juices. Mp3juice is free, and it will allow you to save the video in MP4 format. You can do this by following these steps:
1. Download and install TubeMate
2. Open the app and navigate over to the video that you want
3. Click Download to save the video file on your computer 4. Choose MP3 as the output file type 5. After choosing MP3, click OK 6. The process may take a while depending on how large the file size is
Copy the URL of the video
1) Open the video you want to download in your browser.
2) Right-click the video and select Copy Video URL.
3) Open Google Chrome’s newly opened tab with a blank document in it, then paste the URL into the empty text box.
4) Press Ctrl+P or Command+P on a Mac keyboard to print out a PDF of what’s visible in that tab.
5) Select Open from your browser’s menu bar if prompted.
6) In Adobe Reader (the PDF viewer), open the Document Menu and click Select All.
7) Click on Edit > Copy, and then close Adobe Reader.
8) Paste the copied content into an audio editor like Audacity to convert it to an MP3 file.
Paste the URL into a YouTube to MP3 converter
Visit the converter and paste in the URL of the video you want to convert. Once you have selected the video, click Convert and wait for the process to finish. Once the process is complete, click Download and save it anywhere on your computer. The next time you need a specific video, just open up this saved file instead of searching through all the websites to find it again. You can also download one particular part or segment of the song with an easy-to-use interface that allows users to adjust the start and end points of their clip. Just enter the seconds into Start Point at Time into Seconds (00:00) and End Point at Time into Seconds (00:00). After selecting which parts you want, just click on Save Clip button located in the top left corner of your screen.
Download the MP3 file
How to convert a YouTube video into an MP3 file: Open the link for the video you want in a new browser tab. Press CTRL + A, then CTRL + C to copy and paste the link’s URL. Press CTRL + N, then type youtube-dl in the address bar. Press Enter. Press Ctrl+V (or right click and press Paste) over the URL of your video, followed by .mp3 Type –extract-audio. Click OK! The program will automatically convert the video and save it as an MP3 file on your desktop. You can also choose where you would like to store it before clicking OK!. The MP3 conversion is relatively quick and simple. If this sounds too daunting or if you are not tech savvy, there are other ways to get free music from YouTube such as listening to previews or using YouTube Red which gives users access to premium content such as ad-free music streaming with no ads shown across all devices.
Play the MP3 file on your computer
This is a simple tutorial on how you can download your favorite YouTube videos as MP3 files and save them to your computer. All you need is a laptop or desktop PC with the capability of running a web browser, an internet connection, and some free time.
1. Head over to Youtube and find the video that you want to download.
2. Right click on the Download button and select Save Video As… from the menu.
3. A pop-up window will appear asking you what location to save the file, and if you want to change its name or create a new folder for it.
4. Type in whatever name you would like for the file into the text box next to Save as and hit OK. The video will now be downloaded onto your computer as an MP3 file! If you do not know how to play an MP3 file on your computer, I suggest looking up tutorials online on how to install VLC Media Player. Once VLC Media Player is installed and opened, simply drag and drop the MP3 file into it and press Play.