Good news for the candidates who are desperately waiting for the GATE application form 2023 and Exam dates.
GATE 2023 application form window for registration is open from 30 July 2022 to 30 September 2022. If we talk about the GATE 2023 exam then it will be held on February 4, 5, 11, and 12, 2023. All these notifications have been released on the official website- gate.iitk.ac.in.
GATE 2023 notice was published on the official website, IIT Kanpur will be the conducting body of GATE exam 2023, on July 28, 2022. In addition to the GATE 2023 notice, IIT Kanpur will release an information pamphlet, change the exam syllabus, and revise the exam pattern. The pamphlet contains information on the newly implemented exam adjustments. Candidates can view the following updates:
- New Paper: Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (combined) and Geomatics Engineering are two new disciplines. For GATE exam 2023, the total number of subjects has grown to 29.
- Exam Centers: The quantity of GATE 2023 exam centers is increased. Throughout India, 221 centers hosted the exam. This figure is merely a guess; if anything changes, it will be updated. IIT Kanpur will publish the official notification and the list of GATE 2023 exam locations.
- Appear for More Than One Paper: GATE exam 2023 will be computer-based (CBT). It will be held in 29 subject areas, with some allowing students to choose two examinations. The exam will assess the candidate’s complete knowledge in a range of undergraduate engineering, science, humanities, and social science courses.
You Might Like: Ways to Motivate Yourself to Prepare for Competitive Exams
GATE 2023 Exam Date
Candidates can view the table below for the GATE Important Events Schedule for session 2023:
|Events||GATE Exam Dates 2023|
|GATE 2023 official brochure release date||July 27, 2023|
|Start date for GATE 2023 registration through GOAPS||August 30, 2022|
|GATE 2023 registration last date||September 30, 2022|
|Last date for submission of the application form (by registered candidates) with an additional late fee of Rs. 500||October 7, 2022|
|Release of GATE mock test||To be notified|
|GATE 2023 admit card release date||January 3, 2023|
|GATE 2023 exam date||February 4, 5, 11 and 12, 2023|
|Release of GATE response sheets||To be notified|
|Release of answer key||To be notified|
GATE 2023 Application Form
Candidates can apply for the exam only through online mode. Here are the steps on how to fill out the GATE 2023 Application Form:
Steps To Apply
- Registration: Through the GATE Online Application Processing System, or GOAPs, candidates must register themselves in order to receive an enrolment ID. To do this, they must submit their name, email address, and cell phone number. Candidates must modify their passwords in order to log in in the future.
- Application Form: After registering, a form will open where candidates must provide their personal, academic, and qualification information. Candidates must select their chosen exam locations from the list above while completing the online application.
- Uploading Image: As per the requirements of the exam authority, after the applicant has completed the application, they must attach a scanned copy of their photo, signature, and category certificate (if applicable).
|Passport size photograph||2 kb -200 kb|
|Signature in running handwriting||2 kb-150 kb|
|Category Certificate (if applicable)||10 kb -300 kb|
|PwD Certificate (if applicable)||10 kb – 300 kb|
- Fee Payment: Candidates must use net banking, a debit card, or a credit card to pay the application fee, which is listed above.
- Final Submission: Candidates must submit the application form after completing all of the aforementioned procedures.
GATE Application Fee
|Category||Application Fee||During Extended Period|
|SC/ST/PwD||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|Females||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|General||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2000|
GATE 2023 Exam Pattern
Students preparing for the exam can review all of the GATE Paper Pattern details, such as the type of questions and the marking scheme, in the table below:
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Number of Subjects (Papers)||29|
|Sections||General Aptitude (GA) Candidate’s Selected Subject|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions|
|Questions for testing these abilities||Recall Comprehension Application Analysis & Synthesis|
|Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions|
|Distribution of Marks in all Papers except papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL||General Aptitude: 15 Marks Engineering Mathematics: 13 Marks Subject Questions: 72 Marks Total: 100 Marks|
|Distribution of Marks in papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL||General Aptitude: 15 Marks Subject Questions: 85 Marks Total: 100 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||Questions carry 1 mark and 2 marks|
|Negative Marking||For a wrong answer chosen in an MCQ, there will be negative marking as well. For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer|
I hope all the above information will be helpful to you.
Students should be updated with all the latest exam updates and to get all the updates stay tuned with Eduncle.