Out of the different email services present on the internet these days, Yahoo is one of the most popular and loved email services that people love to use. Users all around the world use this email service because of its brilliant features and the different benefits the email service providers offer to its users. The mail service is compatible with all devices like iOS and Android and all browsers like Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
But, even though the email service is quite famous, it is not free from issues and one of the major issues the users of Yahoo face is Yahoo crashing. If you also face the issue of Yahoo crashing when you are using the email service then, it can be very troubling. There can be different reasons for this issue some that you can do nothing about and this is why you need to focus on the methods that you can use when you face this issue on your device. So, if you want to know the different methods that you can use to fix the issue of Yahoo crashing. Keep reading the guide we have given here to know about the different methods that can help you to fix the issue.
Reasons why your Yahoo is crashing
If you are wondering why is yahoo mail crashing then, here are some of the main reasons why your Yahoo mail can be crashing.
- If your web browser is not the latest version and is not compatible with Yahoo
- If you have too many malware attacks on your Yahoo email.
- If your firewall is stopping the Yahoo data.
- Too much junk data and cache in your application and web browser
These are the main reasons why your Yahoo email application is crashing and you cannot use the email service per your needs.
Troubleshooting methods that you can use to fix the Yahoo crashing issue
Now, you the basic and common reasons why your Yahoo email is crashing. So, here are some of the simple solutions that you can use when your Yahoo mail keeps stopping. You need to follow all the steps and instructions that we have given here to fix the issue of your Yahoo email crashing.
Method 1: Resolve the Glitch in Android System WebView and Chrome
You might not know but if there is a bug in the Android system webview then, your Yahoo email service will crash and you will not be able to use the application without any difficulty. The Android System Webview is a very important part of the operating system and if there is some issue in it then, it will hamper the productivity of any application. You can use the steps that we have given here to fix the issue on your phone.
- Open the Play Store on your mobile and then look for Android System Webview in the search box.
- When you see the results on your screen, choose the option to Update the webview.
- If you are not able to find the option from Update here then, update the Google chrome application on your mobile phone.
With these steps, you can fix the bug of the Android System webview and resolve the crashing of your Yahoo application.
Method 2: Configure the Privacy Settings
Another thing you need to know is that the privacy settings of Windows are quite extensive and these impact the functioning of different email services. This can also be the reason why your Yahoo mail keeps crashing when you use it. We are also going to give you the instructions here that will help you in configuring the privacy settings of Windows.
- Open the Settings application and then, click on the Calendar that is present on the left side.
- After that, you have to check the box of the option that says ‘Let apps access my calendar’.
- Now, you can update the Yahoo mail application and then access it and you will find that your issue will be resolved.
Method 3: Delete App data and cache
Another very big reason why your Yahoo mail app keeps crashing is too much junk data and cache in your Yahoo application. There can be some corrupted files in the cache data and junk of your application that are preventing the efficient functioning of the Yahoo mail application. Use the steps that we are giving here to do the same.
- Open the settings of your mobile phone and then go to the section of ‘Apps and Notifications’.
- Now, look for the Yahoo mail application and then click on enter.
- Select the Storage option and tap on the option that says ‘Clear cache’.
- Now, you can try and see if the issue with your Yahoo mail application is resolved and you can use the application without any issue.
Method 4: Check the IMAP and POP Configuration of the mail
The Yahoo mail settings are also very important for the proper functioning of the email application. You need to make sure that the IMAP and POP configuration of the settings of your email application is correct. Do not worry as we are going to give you the correct configuration settings of the email service here. You need to type these settings in the new account section of your mobile phone settings.
Incoming Mail Server settings
- Incoming mail server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Port: 993
- TLS/SSL: Yes
- Username: the email address of your Yahoo account
- Password: password of your Yahoo email account
Outgoing Mail Server settings
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port: 465/585
- TLS/SSL: Yes
- Username: your Yahoo email address
- Password: the account password of your Yahoo email account