Epson printers are commonly used for various purposes. It’s because of the vast variety and amazing features. But the Epson printer in error state can be caused for many reasons. Since it’s a common error, you can resolve it yourself. This guide will help you find the causes of why is Epson printer in an error state and also get the solutions.
Let’s get started!
Generic Reasons for Epson Printer in Error State
If you’re wondering why is Epson printer in error state, read the reasons mentioned here. However, you may not know the exact reason; but the possibilities may help you troubleshoot the error.
- The Epson printer driver isn’t compatible with your system
- The printer driver is outdated
- Weak or unstable internet connection
- Paper jamming or an empty ink cartridge
- Misconfigured spooler service
Let’s Troubleshoot Epson Printer in Error State
Apply each solution one by one to see which helps you fix the error. Please read the instructions carefully; otherwise, you have to start from scratch.
1. Correct Printer Spooler Settings
The printer spooler manages the printer and is responsible for its proper operation. Hence, when you see an Epson printer in error state, try this solution:
- Press the Windows + R keys. Run dialog box will appear.
- Then, type “service.msc” and press OK.
- Now, find the spooler and right-tap on it.
- Check the service status,
- If stopped, tap Start/Restart.
- Afterward, verify that the startup type is on automatic mode.
- If not, right-tap on the print spooler and select Properties.
- Tap on the General tab.
- Select the Startup Type as Automatic.
- Press OK.
2. Remove All Print Jobs
Sometimes, the printer gets stuck when printing and shows an error state. Thus, clear the print queue using the steps below:
- Go to the File Explorer.
- Copy and paste the command in the address bar- “%windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS”
- Press the enter key. It will move you to the place where print jobs are stored.
- Select all the files and delete them.
- Return to the service window to restart the spooler service.
- Restart your printer.
If you still get the error, go to the next solution.
3. Update Epson Printer Driver
Lastly, check if your printer driver is updated to the latest version.
- Open the Run dialog box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” and press ok.
- Go to the Printer Queue and select your Epson printer.
- Select the Update Driver option.
- A prompt will appear. Click on “Search Automatically for Driver” from the two options.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Print a test paper to see if the issue on your printer is fixed.
We hope the guide why is my epson printer in error state helps you fix the problem. If you encounter the issue, apply the same solution. Furthermore, if you get stuck at any step or need any help, feel free to contact us.