For users who do not come from a technical background, setting up a TP link extender is always a process that causes them to scratch their heads. This article is a must-read for you if you are also having trouble getting your TP Link extender up and running, as it contains solutions to those problems.
Check out the steps required to do TP Link WiFi extender setup first. Here we go:
Install TP Link Extender Manually
• We anticipate that you have already removed the packaging from your extender and fastened all of the antennas to it.
• To use the TP Link extender, first connect it to a power outlet, then switch on the device.
Quick Tip: It is recommended that you keep your TP Link WiFi extender in the same room as your WiFi router while you are going through the setup process.
• Make sure that your extender is connected to the router. Although you can connect the two WiFi devices using either a cable or wirelessly, we recommend using wired connections between them to circumvent any complications that may arise during the installation process.
• When you are finished, access your personal computer or laptop and launch a web browser on either device.
• In the browser address bar, type http://tplinkrepeater.net, and then press the Enter button to move forward with the process.
• The TP Link extender login page will appear on the screen of your device at this time.
• When you get to that page, you’ll need to select the Log In option, input the default username and password for your extender, and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
• The setup wizard of your TP Link extender will open.
• When you get there, check the list of all the available WiFi networks, and then connect your extender to the network that you are already using.
• After that, you will be alerted with various setup instructions for your TP Link extender, which you must follow to finish the procedure.
• Be sure to keep following the prompts until the installation is finished.
After you have completed the initial configuration, you are free to move the location of your TP Link WiFi range extender to better accommodate your WiFi requirements.
If you have followed the steps that were described above exactly as they were given, but you are still having problems with the TP Link setup, then you try using TP Link app for making the device operational. Still no results? Well, pay attention to the troubleshooting steps that we are going to elaborate on.
How to Troubleshoot TP Link Extender Setup Issues
• Problems with the setup of TP Link extender can be fixed by checking all connections: Check all of the connections you’ve made between your router, modem, extender, and PC. If you discover any connections that are too loose or faulty, you need to fix them.
• Be wary of electronics that can disrupt your WiFi connection. If your router and extender are being disrupted by WiFi signal interference from devices such as cellular phones, refrigerators, microwave ovens, baby monitors, fish tanks, and the like, then you may also experience problems setting up your TP Link extender. Therefore, keep such things as far away as possible.
• If the web browser you are using to configure your TP Link extender has not been kept up to date, then you may also run into problems during the installation process. Therefore, before you begin the process of setting up and installing the device, make sure that your web browser is running the most recent version.
• Make sure that the correct username and password have been provided in the appropriate login fields.
• The fact that you are unable to successfully configure the extender may be because the system you are using to do so is flawed. If the computer you’re using already has a firewall installed and it’s turned on, the process of setting up the extender could be difficult and frustrating for you.
Let’s raise a glass in the hope that the troubleshooting advice given above was able to assist you in getting your TP Link extender to function properly.