The QuickBooks Web connection is a valuable tool that enables the exchange of the ‘qbXML’ and ‘qbposXML’ between Web-based applications and QuickBooks Point of Sale. However, several error codes have been encountered lately while using the Web Connector tool. One such error is the QuickBooks web connector error QBWC1085. This error obstructs users while they attempt to access their company file(s). This error also occurs when the “QWCLOG.TXT” file used by Web Connector gets corrupted. Dive into the entire article to become a pro at resolving Web Connector Error QBWC1085 error in QuickBooks.
What causes QuickBooks Error QBWC1085?
Below are mentioned the variegated causes of this Web connector error.
- QuickBooks is unable to write to the log file of the online connector.
- The QuickBooks web connector may be attempting to receive data from a third-party web-based application.
- The QuickBooks Error QBWC1085 appears if the online connection application is malfunctioning.
- The Web Connector is unable to open the log file.
How to rectify QuickBooks Error QBWC1085?
Users can try out the following solutions to uproot Web Connector Error QBW1085 in QuickBooks.
Solution 1: Updating QuickBooks Desktop
As reiterated in our previous blogs, we encourage users to get QuickBooks updated to the latest release, considering the benefits that come along with new updates. The simple procedure for updating QuickBooks is given below:
- The first step requires double-clicking the QuickBooks desktop icon while pressing Ctrl + Shift keys. Once the window that states No Company Open appears, release both keys.
- Select the option to Update QuickBooks from the Help menu.
- After selecting the updates to download, pick the option to Get Updates.
- Soon after, click on the Update option and watch for the process to be finished.
Solution 2: Create a Backup for the company file
The following techniques can be used to create a backup of your company file:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- After that, head for the File menu and then opt for the Backup Company option.
- Then click on the option to Create Local Backup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a backup right now.
Solution 3: Renaming QWCLOG.TXT File
To rename the “QWCLOG.TXT” file, perform the following steps:
- You should first navigate to the File Explorer window. The short key Win + E can be used to open File Explorer.
- Select the View tab.
- Next, select Hidden objects.
- Go to the C:/Program/Data/Intuit/QBWebConnectorLog folder.
- You must now right-click on the QWCLog file before selecting Rename.
- After that, rename the file to QWCLog.OLD.
- Click Yes to accept the change.
- Restart the PC right away.
Solution 4: Delete the Web Connector in Startup Menu
To uninstall the Web Connector, follow these steps:
- Navigate to C:/Program/Data/MicrosoftWindows/Start Menu/Programs/StartUp to open the folder.
- Click the right mouse button and opt for QuickBooks Web connection.
- After that, click on Delete.
- Restart the PC.
- After your computer has restarted, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check to make sure QuickBooks Error QBWC1085 has been fixed.
Summarizing, this article described the various solutions for resolving Web Connector Error QBWC1085 in QuickBooks. You can contact our professionals at 1 800 761 1787 to get assistance on this error. We are always available to address your queries.