One of the most common plumbing problems that homeowners face is sewer clogs. If your sewer line becomes blocked, it can cause a number of problems in your home, including sewage backs up and flooding. If you’re looking for advice on how to find clogged sewer service near Charleston, read on for some tips.
What are the signs of a clogged sewer?
If you’re noticing an increasing amount of dirty water piling up in your drains or overflowing your sink, it might be time to call a plumber. Signs that your sewer is clogged can vary depending on the situation, but generally they’ll include water backing-up from your sink, a foul smell coming from your drains, and trouble flushing. Here are some tips on how to determine if your sewer is in need of assistance:
– Check the water level in your sink: If the water is steadily rising, it’s likely that the drain is backed up somewhere. Try to flush your toilet multiple times and wait 30 minutes before checking again. If the problem persists, it might be time to call a plumber.
– Smell the drain: If you notice an unpleasant odour coming from your drains, it could mean that sewage has started flowing into your home. Make sure to cover any open windows and doors with plastic sheets so pollutants don’t enter the home. Also try running a garden hose down the drain to dislodge any blockages.
How to unclog a sewer pipe
If your sewer is clogged, there are a few things that you can do to unclog it. One option is to use a plunger. Put the end of the plunger over the clog and push and pull the plunger until the clog is dislodged. Another option is to use a pipe snake. First, tie a length of rope around the snake’s middle. Next, tie one end of the rope to a sturdy object above the drain and one end to the drain below the obstruction. Drop the snake into the drain and let it go. The snake will travel through the pipe and dislodge any objects it comes across.
What to do if sewage backup occurs
If you experience a sewage backup, the first thing you should do is call your local emergency services. Then, locate the main sewer line that runs through your property. If you can’t find the line, try to locate the nearest street or well. If those aren’t successful, call a professional plumber.
Tips For Finding Clogged Sewer Service Near Charleston
If you’re in the Charleston, SC area and you notice a lot of drainage problems in your yard or on your property, chances are that you have a clogged sewer service. If this is the case, here are some tips to help you find and fix the problem.
1. Check the property for large puddles or standing water. This is a sure sign that there’s something blocking the sewer line.
2. Check nearby gutters and downspouts for debris or items that shouldn’t be there (like leaves). These could be causing blockages.
3. Call your local public works department and ask them to check the sewer line for you. They may also be able to provide a map of where the line is located.
4. Check for foreign objects (like rocks) caught in the sewers’ pipes. If you can remove these objects, it may clear up the problem on its own. Otherwise, you’ll need to call in a professional plumber to take care of it.
Call A Plumber When You Need Clogged Sewer Service Near Charleston
If your sewer is clogged, don’t try to fix it yourself. It’s not easy and you could end up making the problem worse. Instead, call a plumber. A plumber can unblock your drain quickly and efficiently, saving you time and hassle. Here are some tips for finding a good plumber:
-Ask around – Friends, family, and neighbours may all have recommendations for reliable plumbers. If you don’t have any friends or family nearby, look online for reviews of plumbers in your area.
-Check reviews – Before calling a plumber, make sure to check out the reviews website Yelp or Google Reviews. These sites allow customers to share their experiences with businesses in a public forum. This can help you get an idea of what to expect from the plumber you speak with.
-Check licensing and certification – Make sure the plumber you’re speaking with is licensed and certified by the state they’re working in. This will ensure they’re qualified to work on drains and sewer systems.
When it comes to finding clogged sewer service near Charleston, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, make sure to call a professional if your sewage is backing up rather than flowing freely. Second, be sure to check for blockages at the main and downstream pipes as well as in the sump area. Finally, try bactericidal cleaning before calling an expert in order to avoid any potential damage or even worse – flooding!