As rental advertising moves to digital spaces, there are more ways than ever to list your properties. How do you decide which sites to prioritize?
Social media is ground zero for all kinds of product marketing. As a central hub of social and professional audiences, social media is the perfect place for advertising, buying, and selling. This includes rental properties.
One social media site—Facebook—capitalized on its potential to facilitate transactions. Facebook Marketplace is a section of the social network specifically designed for buying and selling locally. It competes with eBay and Craigslist and is one of the easiest places to advertise your properties.
But how do listings on Facebook Marketplace work? Is it worth making an account?
This article will review the basics of advertising your rentals on Facebook Marketplace.
Benefits of Listing on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace offers many benefits unique to the social networking platform.
With over two billion monthly users, Facebook is the most widely used social media site. By listing your properties on Facebook, you can take advantage of the enormous user base. Your listings are visible to even those who aren’t on Facebook, too.
More broadly, social media will give you access to a slightly different crowd of renters than those who use listing sites. You’ll be able to reach more people in a shorter amount of time by tapping into Facebook’s userbase.
Lastly, Facebook Marketplace is generous with their allowed photos (sellers can add up to fifty). It’s simple to use and accessible to renters both on desktop and mobile.
Listing a Property Step-By-Step
When you’re ready to list your properties on Facebook Marketplace, here are the steps you’ll take:
- Log onto Facebook and navigate to the Marketplace tab on the left.
- Click on “Create new listing”, then choose “Homes for Sale or for Rent”
- You’ll be prompted to enter all the property details. Start with the title, or headline. Then enter the price per month, location, a description (the rest of the listing), and your details.
- On the left, add up to 50 photos of your property.
- Indicate the property type, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and the property address. Continue to the advanced section to enter square footage, laundry, parking, AC, and heating details.
- When you’re done, post your new listing to your profile page or other Facebook groups.
Listings posted on Facebook Marketplace display a variety of information for interested renters. For example, some listings include a Walk or Bike Score, which measures how accessible local stores or errands are to your property based on its location.
Facebook also provides data about nearby schools, complete with ratings and distances.
Renters who are interested in your property can send you an inquiry message directly on the platform. From there, you can continue messaging or ask for other contact details.
Tips for Success
The most successful Facebook Marketplace listings have a few things in common. Here are a few tips for creating the best rental listings:
- Post professional photographs of your property. You don’t need expensive equipment, but use natural light and flattering angles for bright, clean-looking images.
- Be concise and proofread your writing. Before you post your listing, proofread for errors or typos. Use bulleted lists to make your listing as readable as possible.
- Fill out as much information as possible. You should have all the property details (square footage, dimensions, etc.) from when you bought the property. The more details you include, the more attention and credibility you’ll gain. When it comes to housing, estimates aren’t enough. Renters want to know exactly what they’ll be paying for.
Marketing your properties has never been more convenient. Gone are the days of newspaper listings and yard signs. With sophisticated tools like listing syndication or property management software and wide-reaching social media platforms like Facebook Marketplace, you can generate new applicants for your rentals in no time.