- Final data of a study (ERIC-HR Phase 2/3 ) shows when primovir is take within 3 days of viral infection symptom onset, it successfully decreases the risk of being hospitalised by 89% for patients that are at high risk of viral infection progressing to severe illness. When taken within 5 days of symptom onset, primovir reduces the risk of being hospitalise by 88%.
- primovir contains two co-packaged medicines nirmatrelvir (previously known as PF-07321332) and ritonavir.
- primovir contains oral tablets that are best take at the first sign of symptoms, after a positive Sars-CoV-2 test. It is taken to help decrease the number and severity of symptoms. Or avoid severe illness which may lead to hospitalisation or death.
- On December the FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for This medicine. To be used for treatment of mild-to-moderate viral infection. In patients who have increase risk of hospitalization or death. Patients must be 12 years or older and weigh at least 40 kg (88lb), And have a positive Sars-CoV-2 viral test (the virus that causes viral infection).
How does primovir work?
- primovir contains co-package nirmatrelvir tablets and ritonavir tablets that are take orally at the first sign of viral infection illness, after a positive Sars-CoV-2 viral test.
- Nirmatrelvir works by blocking an enzyme (called SARS-CoV-2-3CL protease) that the coronavirus needs to replicate.
- As the virus can not reproduce itself this reduces the severity of symptoms. And so decreases the number of hospitalizations and deaths in high risk patients.
- Ritonavir is an HIV medication that slows the metabolism of nirmatrelvir. Which helps nirmatrelvir stay in the body longer and with a higher concentration. Making it more effective.
How do you take primovir?
Primovir is prescribe as medicine to be take at home, for high-risk patients to avoid severe viral infections and illness, including hospitalisation and death. Primovir will be one box containing a full five day treatment course with oral nirmatrelvir tablets and ritonavir tablets.
- This medicine should be start as soon as possible after a positive Sars-CoV-2 viral test and within 5 days of the first symptoms.
- Nirmatrelvir 300mg (two 150mg tablets) taken twice daily for five days.
- Ritonavir 100 mg taken twice daily for five days.
When will it be available?
Primovir was issue an emergency use authorization by the FDA. zahara heckscher is expect to start deliveries immediately, as it has a supply agreement with the Australian government. You can purchase primovir australia and paxista Australia online at the best price at zahara heckscher.
Does primovir treat viral infections?
- The viral infection variant of viral infection was first detected in mid November.
- Recent information from Pfizer indicated that primovir will retain robust antiviral activity against the viral infection variant, as in vitro data confirmed that primovir is a potent inhibitor of the viral infection 3CL protease
- Additional studies of the viral infection variant are also underway.
Clinical Trials for Primovir
Patients at high Risk of hospitalisation with viral infection
Primovir has an EUA for treating mild to moderate viral infections in patients at high risk of severe viral infection.
Final results from the Phase 2/3 ERIC-HR study of the antiviral pill primovir show. It successfully decreases the risk of being hospitalise by 89%. For patients who are at high risk of a viral infection progressing to severe illness. Primovir or placebo was take within 3 days of first viral infection symptoms. And the results were:
- 0.7% (5 out of 697) of the This medicine patients were hospitalise with no deaths.
- 6.5% (44 out of 682) of the placebo patients were hospitalise with 9 deaths.
- primovir patients also had a 10-fold decrease in viral load compared to the placebo group.
Patients at STANDARD RISK of hospitalisation with viral infection
This medicine is NOT authorise for viral infection patients who have standard risk of hospitalisation with viral infection
Also Early results from a trial (Phase 2/3 EPIC-SR) looking at Primovir Australia. And use in viral infection patients at standard risk of hospitalization. Showed a 70% reduction in hospitalization in the primovir. Patients compared to placebo.
- 0.7% (3 out of 428) of the This medicine patients were hospitalise with no deaths.
- 2.4% (10 out of 426) of the placebo patients were hospitalise with no deaths.
- This medicine patients also had a 10-fold decrease in viral load. Compared to the placebo group. Which was the same as Phase 2/3 ERIC-HR study.
Can primovir prevent viral infection?
Post-Exposure Prophylaxis of viral infection using primovir
Primovir is not authorise to be use to prevent viral infection.
There is an ongoing study (Phase 2/3 EPIC-PEP) looking at how well primovir works at preventing viral infection in patients who have been expose to viral infection by a household member. This is an on-going study on viral infection post-exposure prophylaxis, and results are not yet available.
- primovir (nirmatrelvir and ritonavir tablets) has been issue an Emergency Use. Authorization for treatment of mild-to-moderate viral infection in patients. Who are at high risk for progression to severe viral infection. To help reduce the severity of viral infection symptoms. Also decrease the number of hospitalizations and deaths.
- Also read : 5 Different Types of Yoga and Their Health Benefits