Individuals who experience lethargy, skin dryness, and enlargement of the thyroid gland must visit an endocrinologist in Islamabad. The specialist will conduct tests to diagnose the illness and its cause. The endocrinologist will provide guidance regarding the effective treatment options for managing the symptoms for living a quality life.
Hashimoto’s Disease and Its Symptoms
The condition causes inflammation in the thyroid gland, which cause hindrance the function. It causes the individual multiple physical health-related problems. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from Hashimoto’s Disease. There is no permanent cure for the disease. However, the treatment options are proven effective in managing the symptoms. The symptoms of Hashimoto’s Disease are:
- The individual remains lethargic and inactive throughout the day due to a lack of energy.
- The individual can notice an irrational change in their weight, which can affect their mental health.
- The change in physical appearance can cause the individual to suffer from a mental health problem such as depression.
- The individual experiences a slow heart rate that affects cardiovascular health and causes anxiety.
- Women can notice a change in the menstrual cycle. The heavy period can affect the physical health and functioning of the women,
- The individual becomes highly sensitive to cold,
- The individual and caregivers notice puffiness on the face.
- Women with Hashimoto’s Disease struggle to conceive.
- Hashimoto’s disease causes enlargement of the thyroid gland.
- The individual can notice changes in skin health. Hashimoto’s disease causes the skin to become dry and patchy.
Causes of Hashimoto’s Disease
The known causes of Hashimoto’s disease are:
- Individuals with close family members suffering from autoimmune diseases are more likely to suffer from Hashimoto’s Disease. Family history can increase the likelihood of suffering from Hashimoto’s Disease.
- Women who suffer from hormonal imbalance are more likely to suffer from Hashimoto’s Disease.
- People exposed to chemical agents are more likely to suffer, from thyroid-related illnesses, including Hashimoto’s Disease.
- Individuals suffering from viral infections are at a higher risk of noticing symptoms that correlate with Hashimoto’s Disease.
- The people undergoing radiation therapy care are more likely to suffer from Hashimoto’s Disease.
Complications Associated with Hashimoto’s Disease
The complications that correlate with Hashimoto’s Disease are:
- The individual is more likely to suffer from hypothyroidism and goiter, which can affect the functioning of vital organs.
- People with Hashimoto’s Disease are more likely to suffer from mental health issues; such as depression. The patients require proper medication and therapy, as it can cause further deterioration of their psychological health.
- Individuals diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Disease should opt for medical treatment, as it can cause further complications such as myxedema.
- Children born with the disease are at a higher risk of suffering from birth defects that can slow their physical and cognitive development.
- Patients diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Disease are at a higher risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
Tests to Diagnose Hashimoto’s Disease
The test that helps diagnose an individual with Hashimoto’s Disease are:
- TFTs: Thyroid functioning tests help check abnormalities in TSH, Free T3, and T4 levels. The changes in the levels indicate that the patient is suffering from Hashimoto’s disease.
- Blood Testing: The blood test helps evaluate the abnormality in the anti-thyroperoxidase antibodies.
- Imaging Testing: Ultrasound helps detect abnormality in the trachea and esophagus to confirm the diagnosis.
Treatment Options for Hashimoto’s Disease
The medication and procedure that helps manage the symptoms of Hashimoto’s disease are:
- The hormonal therapy helps manage the levels of TSH levels.
- In severe cases, the specialist may perform a thyroidectomy to enhance the performance of the thyroid gland. The procedure aims to remove the partial thyroid gland for normal functioning.
Patients with Hashimoto’s disease must consult an endocrinologist in Lahore. The competent and reliable specialist will provide guidance regarding the treatment and lifestyle modifications to enhance the quality of life by avoiding further complications. Read more