Installation of the Linksys extender setup helps you to extend the range of WiFi networks at home in a very short period of time. If you are interested in extending the range of the router with the help of an extender but you don’t know how you can do this then don’t worry and read this post carefully. Let’s jump into the process.
Unboxing Of Linksys RE7000 Extender
When you unbox your Linksys device you will get two things in them.
- Manual guide of Linksys extender.
- Linksys RE7000 extender.
With the help of the manual book you will get the knowledge about the setup steps, troubleshooting issues of extender and many more.
Pre-requirements For Linksys RE7000 Extender Setup
This is the list of a few requirements that you will require during the setup of Linksys RE7000 extender.
- A power plug with electrical supply.
- Must have both 2.4GHz and 5GHz band WiFi connection.
- Your WiFi connected device such as laptop, computer, mobile phone must have a web browser.
- Require one long ethernet cable.
- Lastly, the Linksys extender default IP and web address.
So, these are the few things which you will use during the process of Linksys extender setup.
Note: Before the setup of an extender, first you will need to login into Linksys WiFi range extender. If you don’t know how to login into Linksys range extender then follow this process.
How To Login Into Linksys RE7000 Extender
- First, set the plug of Linksys RE7000 extender in the power socket.
- Now, use a laptop or computer and connect it to Linksys extender network.
- After that, open a web browser on that connected device.
- Type extender.linksys.com in the address bar of the web browser and tap on the enter button to launch into the Linksys RE7000 setup.
- Now, make an admin password and your password clue.
- Thereafter, tap on save if the above step is perfectly done.
- Further, pick the wireless range extender option and tap on next.
- Now, pick up your host WiFi network and enter WiFi password in the required field or blank.
After login into Linksys WiFi extender, now you will need to do the setup of Linksys WiFi extender.
Setup Of Linksys Range Extender
There are two methods by which you can easily and quickly do the configuration of Linksys RE7000 extenders.
- By WPS method
- By manual method.
Method 1: Join Extender to Router Via WPS
- First, make sure that you must settle your Linksys range extender near the host router. Ensure that the distance between both the devices should not be more than 10 to 15 feet away, otherwise you can face slow internet speed.
- Now, set the plug of Linksys RE7000 extender in the power socket.
- After this, push the WPS button of your Linksys RE7000 extender for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Now, within the next two minutes press the WPS button of the host router.
- Thereafter, wait for a few minutes to see solid green light on both WiFi extender and router.
- As a result, your both extender and router successfully link with each other.
Note: After trying out the first method if you get stuck don’t worry try out the second method.
Method 2: Join Extender To Router Manually
- First, join your Linksys WiFi range extender to the router with the help of an ethernet cable.
- Now, place the power plug of Linksys RE7000 extender in the power socket.
- After that, open any type of web browser of your choice on your mobile phone and go to the Linksys extender setup web page.
- Now, fill out the default Linksys extender login credentials.
- After that, follow all the onscreen instructions to do the setup of Linksys RE7000 extender at home or in the office.
- Once all the setup steps are completed, then put out the plug of an extender from the power socket and locate your extender in the new location of your house and office.
- Now, try to join your laptop or desktop to Linksys extender WiFi network.
- Therefore, the setup of Linksys WiFi range extender to router is successfully done.
Tip: After the setup of an extender if you want to do any type of change in your extender then go to Linksys extender login portal and change any type of settings which one you need to change.
With the help of these two genuine extender setup methods of Linksys RE7000 extender you can easily boot up the speed of your router internet. Stay active of this type of update.